Executive General Manager - Snack Foods
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Date Posted: 10-Jun-2019
Our client is an indigenous owned hospitality & entertainment conglomerate with business interest in hotels, restaurants, property development, food production, etc. In line with the company's decision to attract and retain the best in-class talent and skills to drive the business forward, they seek an Executive General Manager- Snack Foods who will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and strengthening the Food & Beverage Division of the organization through effective management of the entire division, product/packaging re-development, quality assurance, sales/business development and efficient work process that will enhance better margins on SKU offerings.
- Deliver on new product portfolio(s) that will impact positively to the Food & Beverage category and to the organization.
- Adherence to standards, guidelines, legislation and procedures set to ensure product quality and consistency as well as the safety and well-being of all employees.
Detailed Job Description:
- To oversee the overall successful management of F& B Division of the organization.
- Drive profitable sales and distribution of existing product lines through personal initiative and direct engagement with the market/s.
- Drive marketing and promotion innovation with minimal use of discounts and rebates; and work on product/packaging redevelopment that will lead to higher profit margins on the existing offerings.
- Support colleagues in human capacity development through coaching in the area of sales and distribution, best manufacturing practices and techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes, productivity and efficiency of all Division’s departments as well as Direct Sales Agents and third party sellers.
- Ensure effective factory operations and support activities related to production, logistics, product development, quality control and assurance, maintenance and HSE.
- Any other task as may be assigned by the Executive Management.
- Good sales and distribution management skills in food and beverage industry
- Effective project and operations management skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good knowledge of product/packaging development and marketing
- Effective and efficient cost control & revenue management.
- Executive decision making skills
- Business process improvement skills
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of Food & Beverage Industry
- Awareness and familiarity with regulatory bodies’ requirements (NAFDAC, SON, NESREA, ML&E, etc.)
- Excellent networks and relationships in the F& B industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, within and external
- Drive for results
- Speed of execution
- Good understanding of numbers
- Good team player and leader
- Flexibility to adapt and respond to change
- Highly organized and significant ability to multi-task
- Ability to cope with pressure and setbacks
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Minimum of University degree biochemistry, food science & technology or any of the natural/social sciences
- Minimum of 20 years post qualification experience in FMCG or related industry.
- Work experience to span through key functional department in Manufacturing