- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Date Posted: 12-Dec-2018
Detailed Job Description:
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with IFRS, accounting policies, and applicable financial reporting standards and practices.
- Assist management in the implementation of new/ approved reporting or other financial operations standards.
- Manage the organisation’s general ledger and ensure all transactions are processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.
- Manage revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of the monthly “financial close” activities.
- Oversee the performance of periodic ledger and bank reconciliations as required.
- Maintain relationships with banks and other relevant financial institutions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and cash flow statements.
- Verify collated information to ensure financial reports are accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information for strategic decision making and external audit purposes.
- Participate in documenting accounting policies and carry out periodic updates as required.
- Maintain records of approved reporting policies and procedures, and provide clarifications as required.
- Provide financial information required for audit exercise, and support in other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or any business related discipline
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of financial reporting and tax accounting concepts
- Good understanding of the food and beverage manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including ERP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyse information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to details