CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (Not for Profit, Health oriented ORGANIZATION)
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Date Posted: 1-Nov-2017
Our client is a not for profit organization that works with leading companies across industry sectors to build a healthier world - for their employees, their communities and the world at large.
The Company seeks to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to lead its work across Africa to create a unified African business community acting as a force for good in delivering workplace and community health by creating and supporting impactful health programs, shaping policy and providing insights on the global stage.
In line with the Company's desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience, our client seeks a visionary, inspirational and strategic leader to start-up, launch, and prepare a new African office for growth. Successful candidates will be outstanding communicators and coalition-builders, knowledgeable about business and health, with the standing, respect and authenticity to influence and close large deals with high-net worth individuals and corporations.
He/she must be entrepreneurial, flexible and adaptable, with superior business acumen that enables swift development and execution of ideas and plans. Strong consulting and project management experience is essential, along with the ability to inspire trust, confidence and collaboration across a diverse community of stakeholders. He/she will be a passionate advocate, catalyst and change agent, building and driving a small high-performance team, towards quality execution and financial sustainability.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree from leading university (or equivalent experience) in business, public health, international relations, communications or related field
- 8-10 years combined experience in business and development or health; at least 3 years leading a corporate program for a major company
- Awareness of current and emerging health issues and trends
- A track record of successfully planning and implementing new concepts, partnerships and/or campaigns; demonstrated ability to lead project teams and initiatives with a diverse range of partners and stakeholders
- An understanding of strategic philanthropy, CSR and shared value; experience in public-private partnerships and/or building, scaling and/or evaluating programs with corporate partners preferred; strong private sector networks a plus
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills; demonstrated success in relationship building with a wide array of stakeholders at c-suite/senior level; demonstrated ability to influence internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated leadership in consulting; building brands, products, portfolios; creating new business models and/or learning platforms with proven market results
- Track record negotiating and closing six figure commitments from corporate sector, high-net worth individuals and other donors
- Basic finance and accounting knowledge
- Comfortable and thrives in fast-paced, entrepreneurial, resources-constrained work environment
- Strategic and tactical, effectively balancing vision and execution
- Entrepreneurial with hands on approach towards business; disciplined, proactive, self-starter
- Flexible, adaptable, agile leader; having a can-do, problem-solving attitude
- Effective speaker with ability to inspire others, motivating action, generating confidence and trust in investors, partners, clients, Board, staff
- Strong consulting, relationship and project management skills
- Passionate about work, persuasive, enthusiastic, energized
- Global mindset with international experience; strong regional links a plus
- Must be citizen of an AU member country
- Fluency in French a plus (for outreach to Francophone Africa)