AGM/GM HR Operations
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria
- Ref #: CYG215
- Date Posted: 23-Nov-2018
Our client is an indigenous hospitality & entertainment conglomerate with business interests in hotels, quick service restaurants, property development, food production, etc. and always strives to attract and retain the very best talent.
In line with the company's decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading Human Resource practices, the company is looking for an exceptional individual with proven integrity to lead its HR Operations. The role holder will work from the Company’s Head Office in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Detailed Job Description:
- Plan, organize, and coordinate all operations and activities related to the Human Resources (HR) operations
- Provide leadership in designing policies, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, polices and regulations
- Oversee staff welfare and benefits program/statutory responsibilities
- Design, implement and monitor HR initiatives ensuring it stays within budget and achieves its set objectives
- Drive the implementation of learning and development initiatives across the organization
- Manage and improve the HRIS ensuring that it meets the needs of the organization
- Drive the talent management strategy of the business - oversee the full-cycle recruitment of new employees, including placing advertisements, developing contacts with recruiting sources, interviewing, consulting with internal hiring managers and managing the orientation/onboarding process.
- Oversee performance management process ensuring timeliness of goal setting, appraisal etc.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations to Senior Management for improvement of organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
- Minimum of 10-15 years human resource generalist experience
- Minimum of 5 years spent in Mid-Senior Management level
- Must be CIPM certified or related certification
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Good proficiency in HRIS
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills