- Location: Ososa, Ogun State, Nigeria
- Ref #: FRT67
- Date Posted: 4-Dec-2018
Detailed Job Description:
· Assist management in the implementation of new/ approved reporting or other financial operations standards.· Manage the organisation’s general ledger and ensure all transactions are processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.· Manage revenue and expenditure accounts.· Ensure timely and accurate completion of the monthly “financial close” activities.· Oversee the performance of periodic ledger and bank reconciliations as required.· Maintain relationships with banks and other relevant financial institutions.· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and cash flow statements.· Collate financial information from all country locations (plants, etc.) for consolidation and reporting.· Verify collated information to ensure financial reports are accurate and up-to-date.· Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information for strategic decision making and external audit purposes.· Participate in documenting accounting policies and carry out periodic updates as required.· Maintain records of approved reporting policies and procedures, and provide clarifications as required.· Ensure effective utilization of financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.· Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Finance & IT
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the food and beverage manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including ERP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyse information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good interpersonal relationship and people management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or any business related discipline
- Professional accounting qualification (ICAN, ACCA, and CFA) is required
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably an MBA degree
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience of which at least five years (5) as a senior management level in the food and beverage manufacturing industry.