- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Date Posted: 3-Feb-2017
Our client is a fully integrated and efficient downstream player with leading positions in the Nigeria Oil Industry. The Company is one of the largest and leading marketer of refined products, including quality gasoline, marine and aviation fuels in the downstream industry in Nigeria.
In line with the Company’s desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best in class talent with the requisite skills and experience, the Company seeks to hire a Supply Manager.
Detailed Job Description:
Responsible for development and execution of detailed supply plans. Provide timely, accurate, detailed and actionable reporting to logistics staff- work with logistics staff to continuously improve product supply performance.
Must have expertise in all aspects of regional fuel supply including logistics, vendors, fuel costs and alternative pricing
Liaise with members of trading team and provide back- up in the areas of contract purchase optimization, hedging and bulk supply
Monitor NNPC and MOMAN sharing formula and report material deviations from agreed plans
Supplier Relationship Management
Ensure all payments, receivables are processed/ checked without delay
Manage vendor relations. Identify, recommend, and execute creative processes to improve vendor performance
Obtain prompt approvals and documentations from regulatory agencies to avoid sanctions or loss of business opportunities
Process relevant permits and documentation for product import including DPR and PPPRA permits for product certification before expiry date
Supply Chain Management
Ensure highly effective implementation of the sourcing strategy via business partnering initiatives, knowledge and expertise
- Monitor and follow- up with shipments arrival and all depots on receipt of products. Notify stakeholders of product availability.
Required Qualifications and Experience
First degree in the social sciences or management sciences or arts
A postgraduate degree in business administration or logistics supply chain management or operations research is an added advantage
A professional qualification in Purchasing and Supply will be an advantage
Minimum of ten (10) years in Product Supply, Sourcing and Distribution Management in oil and gas environment
Vast experience in managing government and labour relations (especially DPR, NIMASA, PPPRA, PENGASSAN, NUPENG, etc.) to understand current industry requirements and ensure effective working relations and flow of business
Sound understanding and experience using an ERP system preferably SAP (SD and MM Modules)
Experiences with outsourcing locally and internationally and familiar with the major trading patterns and location of petroleum products
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills
- Effective project management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Results orientated - able to work collaboratively with diverse teams and deliver personal accountabilities along with team goals
- Entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding leadership skills
- Proficient use of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)