Portfolio Operations Partner – Investment Firm
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Date Posted: 26-Jan-2018
Our client is an investment firm and one of the most active financial investors in Nigeria, with a record that spans creating start-ups to providing established companies with growth capital and expertise.
Detailed Job Description:
The Lagos based Portfolio Operations Partner will play a major role in assisting portfolio companies, the Portfolio Operations Group and Deal team through the entire value creation plan and execution process. The key priorities for the senior position are:
Lead and manage the Portfolio Operations Team:
· He / She will be the main representative of the company, representing on selected company Boards in Nigeria and across the continent.
· Together with the other Portfolio Operations Partners, He / She will provide clear leadership and direction to the operating team working with portfolio companies operating across Africa.
· Work with the Portfolio Operations Group to drive consistent Portfolio Management best practice.
· Coach the direct reports in the operating team in London, Lagos and Nairobi in areas of development.
· Ensure resources are allocated effectively across the portfolio.
Drive value creation:
· Assist with identifying business value drivers through due diligence.
· Develop a “100 day” plan and manage the implementation process.
· Proactively work with management teams and company specialists - HR, Process Improvement (Lean Six Sigma) and Pricing, to prioritize and drive specific value creation initiatives.
· Identify ongoing improvement opportunities, support management as required through the scoping and execution of initiatives.
· Influence, provide advice and collaborate with portfolio company executives on various topics as needed and over time.
· Drive alignment and superior performance in the portfolio by designing and linking senior management compensation to operational KPIs and financial performance.
· Support the Portfolio Operations Group and Deal teams to proactively identify exit opportunities and co-lead the exit preparation in conjunction with the Deal Partner.
· Identify and engage with the best outside experts and consulting providers as needed on the above.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Experience working in Nigeria with a leading local company or multinational.
· An understanding of a transaction orientated business environment.
· Exposure and knowledge of PE
· Qualified accountant from one of the Big 4 and an MBA from a leading institution.