Managing Director - Agribusiness
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Ref #: SRMN/003
- Date Posted: 16-Jan-2017
Our client is a group of businesses with interests in agribusiness, commodity trading, agrochemicals and consumer goods. The company is the largest exporter of cocoa beans in the country.
Detailed Job Description:
- Collaborate with the Board to define and articulate the company’s vision and champion the articulation of strategies and plans for achieving it.
- Drive the expansion of the company’s footprint in the agribusiness sector by expanding its product portfolio and the number of geographical markets served.
- Ensure the development and implementation of relevant structures (process, people, and systems) to support the achievement of the Company’s vision, goals and objectives.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of effective marketing and customer engagement strategies to achieve sustainable growth in customer base, market share, sales and profit.
- Champion the development of policies and strategies for effective financial management ensuring transparency, accountability and judicious use of resources.
- Coordinate day to day activities of the business and provide leadership to direct reports and the entire staff.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the company’s policies, procedures and processes, and identify improvement opportunities.
- Drive corporate culture through shared vision and team building activities, thus motivating staff to accomplish the business goals and objectives of the company.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Group Managing Director.
- Deep understanding of the impact of macroeconomic and industry trends on the business and the strategic options to be pursued.
- Ability to address and analyse problems and to develop strategic responses.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and convert opportunities.
- Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organisation.
- Excellent communication, business presentation, persuasion, and analytical skills.
- Maintains integrity and professional ethics.
- Strong leadership, supervisory and people management skills.
- First degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- Relevant professional qualifications (ACA, etc.)
- A postgraduate degree in Business or other relevant disciplines will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 20 years post-qualification experience with at least 10 years in the Agribusiness sector, and at least 5 years in a senior management role
- A proven track record in managing an agribusiness at executive management level