Innovation Manager – Consumer Business
- Industry / Sector: FMCG
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Ref #: SRMN/001
- Date Posted: 9-Jan-2017
Detailed Job Description:
- Undertake analysis of the consumer market space to assess feasibility of proposed growth options – entry into new product segments, brand and product extensions, etc.
- Develop action plans for implementation of agreed product innovation initiatives and report regularly on progress against the action plans.
- Coordinate research and development efforts to formulate cost effective products in line with agreed business objectives.
- Oversee User Acceptance Testing and Technical Trials for new products.
- Develop and manage the budget for product innovation to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
- Coordinate plans to launch and commercialise new products in line with agreed timelines and budget.
- Provide assistance to the Sales Team to monitor and evaluate consumer satisfaction with new products.
- Strong product innovation background, with proven record of developing and launching products to market based on insights into consumer tastes and preferences.
- Understanding of the macroeconomic and industry trends and their influence on consumer preferences.
- Ability to address and analyse problems and to develop strategic responses.
- Strong business acumen and ability to identify and convert opportunities.
- Excellent communication, business presentations, persuasion, and analytical skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Maintains integrity and professional ethics.
- First degree in Marketing, Business Administration or other related social sciences
- MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience with at least 5 years spent in a marketing/ brand management role
- Proven experience in developing and commercialising new products in the FMCG sector