Head of Corporate Communications
- Industry / Sector: General Insurance
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Date Posted: 21-Sep-2015
Our client is a foremost multi-line Insurance Company offering a diverse range of products and services covering general and special risks, as well as life insurance. With its strengthened corporate identity and business model, the company is positioned to play a central role in the transformation of the insurance industry in Nigeria through its established subsidiaries.
In line with this desire, our client is currently seeking to appoint an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Head of Corporate Communications.
Detailed Job Description:
To develop and implement clear corporate communications and brand management programs deriving from and supportive to the overall corporate goals and objectives of the Company and to develop brand and communication strategy for global and international recognition.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop clear communications strategies and programs supportive of the Company’s goals for visibility and perception
- Articulate, execute and manage strategies on Branding, Publicity, Advertising, Media Management, Events Management and Corporate Social Responsibility to deliver the organizations reputation and brand positioning aspiration.
- Evolve policies and guidelines for all aspects of the Communications and Brand Management Function
- Advice on suitable CSR initiatives and managing the activities.
- Determine appropriate media and channels for corporate communications
- Negotiate favorable terms for the Company on all brand management and communications contracts and projects
- Communications /response for crisis and issue management
- Manage and account for the Communications and Brand Management budget
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chairman, Board of Directors, and Managing Director/CEO of the Company
- Facilitate good media coverage of the Company by developing and maintaining good media relations through engagement and availing relevant information to members of the public.
Qualification / Professional Membership
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Mass Communications/ Social Sciences/ Humanities
- Masters of Science Degree in Communications/ Public Relations
- Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) / Chartered Marketing Communications Institute of Nigeria (CMCIN) will be an added advantage.
Skills / Competence Requirement
- Policy Development / Implementation
- Creative thinking and innovative
- Project Management
- Social Marketing
- Editing skills and Graphics software knowledge skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Insurance industry (including its major and minor players)
- Proficient Use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Adept at working on cross- functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment
- Close attention to details
- Proactive in taking responsibility, identifying problems and proffering solutions
- At least 8 years, 5 in a core communications and Brand Management Function and 3 in a supervisory level