HEAD, HUMAN RESOURCES - BANK
- Industry / Sector: Banking
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Ref #: HHR-069
- Date Posted: 21-Jun-2016
Our client in the banking industry is currently seeking to hire creative and innovative individuals to fill the role of Head, Human Resources.
The successful candidates will have overall responsibility to formulate and facilitate implementation of strategies and plans focused on hiring, developing, motivating and retaining the best talent within the Bank.
Detailed Job Description:
Oversee the planning and forecasting of the Bank’s workforce requirement, including tracking and monitoring of the organisation structure and manning levels;
Champion the formulation and ensure effective implementation of strategies and plans to identify, select and hire the best talent to meet the manpower needs of the Bank;
Facilitate the design and implementation of strategies and policies aimed at proactively planning and managing the careers of the Bank’s workforce to ensure proper balance between personal and organisational goals;
- Oversee implementation of the Bank’s performance management system to ensure it is objective, equitable, transparent and merit-driven
- Coordinate the Human Resource Department activities and conduct periodic meetings to define goals/targets and agree work plans, consistent with the overall corporate targets;
- Coordinate the preparation and effective monitoring of the Human Resource budget (including the Bank’s compensation and training budgets), ensuring cost-justified execution of all human capital activities;
- Act as a change agent on major project initiatives by the Bank by facilitating and ensuring proper planning and execution of programs to address the human side of change;
- Provide executive management with key human capital information operational to facilitate informed strategic decision making and control;
Qualifications, experience and attributes
- First degree or its equivalent.
- A higher degree (MBA, Masters in relevant field), relevant professional certifications may be an added advantage
- Minimum of twelve (12) – fifteen (15) years’ experience in Human Resources Management /Development, of which at least two (2) must have been at a supervisory/managerial cadre.
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience of HR strategy articulation, implementation and HR operations.
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively and creatively to appreciate the systematic impact of various policies, practices, issues and solutions on HR
- Good understanding of the Nigerian banking, socio cultural, economic and demographic patterns and implications for HR management
- Advanced knowledge of Nigerian labour and employment legislation
- Excellent communication, report writing, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Strong leadership, culture building and people management skills.
- Integrity, ethical standards and values.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.