General Manager, Haulage and Logistics - Indigenous Group with interests in the Maritime, Oil & Gas and Logistics industry
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Date Posted: 20-Nov-2017
Our client is an indigenous conglomerate which operates globally, with diverse investments in Maritime, Oil & Gas and Logistics, amongst others. In line with its desire to ensure that strategic roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience, the Group is seeking to recruit for the following positions:
Detailed Job Description:
The General Manager, Haulage & Logistics will report to the Group MD and will be responsible for the overall management of the haulage & logistics operations of the Group. He / She will champion the formulation and implementation of strategies and plans for the Group’s haulage and logistics operations to ensure profitability and drive business growth in line with the Group’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have the following qualifications/ competencies amongst others:
· First degree from a reputable tertiary institution
· Relevant professional qualifications from a recognized professional body (e.g. Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) and Certified Institute of Warehousing & Materials Management (CIWM).
· Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience, with at least 5 years in senior management capacity
· Proven experience in Supply Chain management, including, Haulage, Logistics, and Fleet management and customer service operations with at
· Demonstrated experience in Fleet management
· In-depth knowledge of global and local transport and logistics best practices