Financial Accountant- Energy Sector
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Date Posted: 27-Sep-2018
- Maintain the Final Accounts and prepare Statutory accounts.
- Engage with both Internal and External auditors to finalise the audited accounts.
- Maintain fixed asset records and ensuring proper accounting for all fixed assets.
- Maintain inventory accounts.
- Responsible for tax management, including filing.
- Responsible for customer account reconciliation and accounts receivables.
Detailed Job Description:
- Prepare periodic financial statements, audit packs and other reporting in line with IFRS requirements.
- Compute statutory taxes and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with reporting standards and other tax regulations.
- Record cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), track existing fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition of all fixed assets.
- Manage all inventory ledgers and develop inventory reports for management.
- Cross check and confirm the accuracy of all payment invoices and follow up with customer to ensure prompt payment.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to financial reporting standards.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Financial Controller.
- Professional certification from a recognized accounting body (e.g. ICAN, ACCA).
- Minimum of 5 years accounting experience.
- Audit or Tax background in an accounting firm would be an added advantage.
- Good accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including ERP application.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.