Chief Financial Officer - Indigenous Oil and Gas Company
- Industry / Sector: Oil and Gas
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Ref #: OG01
- Date Posted: 28-Aug-2017
Our client is a wholly owned indigenous oil and gas exploration and production company, with strong associations and partnerships with leading service and technology companies in Nigeria's oil and gas industry.
In line with the Company's desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience, the Company seeks to recruit a Chief Financial Officer.
Detailed Job Description:
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient management of the company's financial resources and ensure that all the goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors for the business is achieved. The CFO will act as a strategic partner to the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and translate the overall corporate strategy into financial and business plans and projections. He/ She will be responsible for overseeing tax planning to optimize the company's tax position and ensure tax compliance accordingly.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have the following qualifications/competences amongst others:
1. First degree or its equivalent
2. Professional accounting/finance certification e.g .ACA, ACAA, CIMA, CFA
3. An MBA or business-related postgraduate degree would be an added advantage
4. Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience, with at least 5 years in a management role
5. Knowledge of the technicalities of the E&P sector would be an added advantage
6. Track record of accomplishments including strategic initiatives and leadership of major change efforts
7. Strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions and financers
8. Hands on experience in financial planning and analysis
9. Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organization.