Chief Finance Officer - INSURANCE
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Ref #: CFO/INS/007
- Date Posted: 20-Apr-2017
Our client is one of Nigeria’s foremost leading insurance services companies. Over the years, the company has built a reputation of honouring its underwriting commitments and excellence in claims handling.
In line with our client's decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading practices in financial management processes, the company is seeking to hire an exceptional individual to fill the Chief Financial Officer role.
Detailed Job Description:
- Ensures that optimal liquidity is available to deliver business plan.
- Negotiate/arranges external finance, when necessary.
- Review working capital/cash flow requirement on a regular basis.
- Monitor Banking activities for the entire Group for proper running and ensure regular reconciliations of all banking transactions with the cash books.
Budgeting and Financial Forecast
- Develop plans, budgets, forecasts and financial results to guide management decisions by forecasting requirements; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Present operating and capital expenditure budgets for review and approval.
Financial Analysis & Interpretation
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the Group (Company and subsidiaries).
- Reports financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
- Coordination of Financial Reports coming from companies (subsidiaries and associate) within the Group.
- Should be able to demonstrate understanding of insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
Regulatory & Statutory Relationship
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors (Internal and External Auditors).
- Coordinating regulatory and supervisory functions - Complied with regulatory requirements by approving and files statements and reports; files returns and pays taxes.
- Managing relationship with Regulatory and Statutory bodies, i.e. NAICOM, FIRS, Lagos State Internal revenue Service, etc.
Internal Control & Monitoring
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained to cover all financial transactions, including safeguarding financial assets.
- Ability to develop versatility for the handling of various business application within the Group.
- Oversees the activities of all FCs for proper coordination and should be able to coordinate branch financial activities properly.
- Oversees activities of Employees In Teams (i.e. hires, coaches, appraises rewards, motivates, discipline, recommends and terminates as necessary.
- Works through HODs in setting standards, priorities and schedules.
- Employee Engagement for Finance Group.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related field.
A qualified / certified Accountant (ACA/ACCA); CFA is mandatory.
Working knowledge of IFRS.
Demonstrable understanding of insurance financials as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis.
Strong budget and management skills, including proven ability to project/process manage.
Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task.
Excellent ability as a consultant/negotiator to influence company senior management.
Knowledge of statutory and regulatory issues as well as Global best practices.
- Minimum of 15 years financial experience, with at least 5 years in Senior Financial Management capacity spanning Corporate, Business Planning, Revenue Assurance, Treasury Management and Accounting with excellent knowledge of insurance Business.