Chief Technical Officer- Indigenous Oil and Gas Company
- Industry / Sector: Oil and Gas
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- Ref #: OG02
- Date Posted: 28-Aug-2017
In line with the Company's desire to ensure that key roles are filled by best-in-class talent with the requisite skills and experience,the Company seeks to recruit a Chief Technical Officer.
The role will provide technical leadership and support for the company’s oil and gas development projects and provide strategic oversight for drilling and exploration activities.
Detailed Job Description:
The Chief Technical Officer role will provide technical leadership and support for company's oil and gas development projects and provide strategic oversight for drilling and exploration activities. The He/She will be responsible for directing the company's technical plans and deploying all company's engineering and technical solutions as well as developing, designing and seeking continuous improvement of the production systems.
The ideal candidate will be expected to have the following qualifications/ competences amongst others:
- First degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 20 years post-qualification experience in the upstream oil & gas industry, with at least 10 years in a supervisory/ managerial role
- Experience coordinating multi-disciplinary technical team including: Geologists, Geophysicists, Petrophysicists, Reservoir Engineers, Facilities Engineers and Production Technologists
- Extensive hands-on experience in the day-to-day operations of E&P, drilling and gas operations and /or engineering knowledge