Head, Internal Audit
- Location: Jalingo, Taraba, Nigeria
- Ref #: CF 81
- Date Posted: 11-Jun-2018
Detailed Job Description:
• Prepare the annual internal audit work plan and ensure its execution.
• Continuously review / assess the business and operational risks facing the
Farm in order to proactively establish appropriate mitigating controls and
• Conduct periodic financial, compliance, operational and special audits and
carry out investigations into reported irregularities, as required by the Farm.
• Highlight and flag duplications, leakages, and weaknesses across the Farm's
business processes and systems and provide recommendations to improve
the internal control systems and the quality of the Farm's processes and
• Interpret and analyse reports / data to identify possible risk exposure and
advise the MD and the Board on risk exposure – internally and externally.
• Collaborate with external auditors in their independent examination of the
Farm's financial statements.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and developments to enable the development
and implementation of appropriate control measures, monitoring mechanism
as well as their continuous update / revision.
• Prepare and submit periodic activity / management reports to the MD and the
Board, on the activities of the Internal Audit function including findings and
overall assessment of the Farm's control environment.
• Perform any other duties that complement the internal control systems of the
• Good understanding of the operations of a Farm.
• Maturity and tact, including the ability to relate effectively with various
• Good report writing and oral communication skills.
• Good knowledge of financial and IT systems controls.
• High level of initiative and good attention to detail.
• Good decision making, problem solving and leadership skills.
• High sense of responsibility, accountability and dependability.
• High integrity and ethical standards