Chief Financial Officer
- Location: Jalingo, Taraba, Nigeria
- Ref #: CF 80
- Date Posted: 11-Jun-2018
Detailed Job Description:
the business. The CFO will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of the farms financial resources.
• Oversee the development of the Farm's budget and the allocation of financial
• Ensure appropriate financial forecasting, costing, cost tracking, project costing, monitoring and control.
• Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early warning of cost-overruns.
• Proactively manage and monitor the Farm's cash flows to ensure optimal cash management and implement best practice treasury management practices.
• Prepare and submit periodic management reports and activities.
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the Company's financial statements in line with relevant statutory requirements and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Manage relationships with relevant regulatory and statutory bodies.
• Manage the Company's General Ledger and ensure that all transactions are
processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.
• Promote a culture of transparency and accountability in the Farm's operations.
• Monitor and manage corporate performance management, including monitoring budgets etc.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
• Professional accounting/ finance certification from a reputable professional body, e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA.
• Minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification experience with at least three (3) years in a management role.
• Working knowledge of IFRS.
• Good understanding of the agriculture sector with specific knowledge of the rice value chain, including key players, markets and value drivers.
• Proven track record in managing an agribusiness at management level.
• Hands on experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting.
• Ability to plan strategically and successfully lead growth within an organisation.
• Good communication, business presentation, persuasion, and analytical skills.
• High sense of integrity, responsibility and accountability.